Pages

Monday, June 17, 2013

Literacy Rotation

This term at Pt England school the teachers from team five thought it would be better if the year 7 and 8      students started school at 8:30 with a choice of four things such as visual arts, stop-motion film making, hyperstudio and literacy.

Last week I had my session and it was on visual arts. The teacher for visual arts was my teacher Miss Tito. She taught us a lot about kowhaiwhai and also some Maori words such as koru, pitoe, ponga, and kowhai whai. Kowhai whai is korus joined together. We also learned about negative and positive space.

I really enjoyed visual arts because art is my favorite subject and also I learned a lot from Miss Tito mostly how to do korus.

This week I am in Literacy where we do writing, post on our blog and reading. We do this to improve in writing and reading skills and get more posts on our blog.

I really like the idea that we start school at 8:30 and get lots of opportunities. Its really fun.  




No comments: