Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Netbook reflection

Hi, I will be talking to you about my netbook reflection. I am talking to you about this because in our school every year fives till year eights have a netbook of their own, and I am going to tell you things that I like about my netbook and things that I hate about it.

There are many reasons why I like working on my netbook, mostly I like working on it because it is just easier, and most of them are reading, writing, and maths. Writing is one of them because, when I write on paper and pencil it takes longer than writing on a netbook, and when I make a mistake I don’t even know that I made one, but on the netbook it tells me either it is right or wrong and if I don’t know how to spell the word I could go to the dictionary. Reading is easier because, I just have to go on a website for eg studdylader and just read. Also answer the question easily. When I do it normally like with a book it also takes longer like writing does, because I have to find the pencil, find the book and sometimes I can’t even find my pencil. On my netbook I just type straight away. Maths is the same, go to a website and just do it.

As much as I have loved working on a Netbook there are some things that I haven’tliked, like sometimes when I work on my netbook it just changes to another network for eg TLN Manaiakalani. It makes me really frustrated. This is what makes me really angry, just as I work on my netbook it just freezes up just like that, that is so embarrassing . Most importantly when I
search up for some thing it often says “ try again later Internet connection problem” then I have to reconnect the Internet connection.

Some of the biggest difference between using a netbook and the advantages of my learning is that using a netbook is faster than doing it on paper and pencil. Using a netbook has made me smarter that I use to before. Actually, writing with paper and pencil is faster and harder but it is not smarter, like my teacher says “work smarter not harder”.

In my hole entire life at school I only made one mistake and I got caught, that was when I played games on the computer, people says that making one or two mistakes is not that bad. Anyways I think I am cyber smart because inglish is not my first language but my teacher says that I am good at it. So I think that I am
If we were back to paper and pencil I would be like “oh man, I hate this” it would be like taking back the greatest thing that we had at school. I wouldn’t want that to happen, and I would also be sad, really sad.

1 comment:

Dorothy said...

Hi Raihan,
I am most impressed by your thoughtful reflection of your first year as a netbook user.

I am very interested in the learning opportunities you have had and the way you have described the advantages of the netbook. I totally sympathise with the internet frustrations as the whole school has experienced it at different times. When you hear adults talk on television about our need for Ultra Fast Broadband, you know exactly what they are wanting us to have!

I do hope that as you travel from Pt England to Tamaki College you never have to go back to pencil and paper because you sound like you are well suited to the digital environment.

All the best for 2012

Mrs Burt